Responsible for reviewing staff accountant’s posting of 15-20 monthly/quarterly/annual accounts
* Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
* Assist with Onboarding new clients onto the bookkeeping platform (Xero). Knowledge of QuickBooks will ensure you can learn Xero
* Able to identify Adjusting Journal Entries, if applicable
* Able to understand what and why journal entries would be required
* Understand how to review and understand the full financial (accounting) process to review, post and reconcile business financial transactions.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Preparation of tax returns (Individual, Corporate, Partnership, Non-Profit, Estate Trust and S-Corp).
* Working knowledge of industry standards (i.e. AICPA, FASB, GASB).
* Working knowledge of various software programs (i.e. Drake, Xero, LastPass, QuickBooks Dropbox, ScanSnap).
* Experience in supervision and training of staff.
1. At least three year of experience in U. S. based accounting, demonstrating a progression in minor and complex tax and accounting tasks and tax knowledge required.
2. Bachelor’s OR Associate degree in accounting.
3. Accounting, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
4. U. S. citizen, Permanent Resident
Overall: You are required to be highly knowledgeable in monthly financial reporting, tax statements, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger accounting, reconciliation and audit preparation. Strong technical skills. Able to manage special projects as needed. Previous extensive supervisory experience. Talented analyst with strong problem solving abilities